Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life is an adventure. Safe travels.



I knew it was a bad sign when I looked lovingly down at my backpack today only to find that I had lost the Obama ’08 button I had just moments before put on it. “Ah crap, that can’t be good.” I said to myself. So my flight out of Atlanta was delayed by over two and a half hours due to weather and heavy air traffic blah blah blah and because of the delays I missed my connecting flight to London and subsequently Free Town (since there is only one British Airways flight out of Heathrow a day and it leaves at 1:30 pm). So now I write to you from the comfy confines of room 850 of the Newark Airport Marriott. I am booked for an 8:00 am flight that is due to arrive London tomorrow evening at 8:00 pm and that means I could possibly make it to Freetown on Tuesday but in order for that to happen I will need to work with another airlines because apparently British Airways does not have a flight to Freetown scheduled for Tuesday, September 30th. Of course you would think with Sierra Leone being the swinging hot spot that it is there would be multiple flights in but I guess not. Besides all that mess I nearly got spewed on by a toddler on the flight to Newark (loads of turbulence). With mere inches to spare I escaped the fountain of vomit but had to endure the lingering smell (as did all the other passengers) of the contents of a two year olds stomach. Not being vomited on is a plus and I was able to retrieve my bag from Delta so maybe my missing Obama button is not a curse. Let’s hope not, I will keep you posted.

No comments: