



Wednesday, October 9th
It’s true travel broadens the mind. It also wreaks havoc on the digestive track and can make one awfully weary of the t-shirt one’s been wearing every other day. Thankfully on this trip I have not had to endure abdominal contractions that threaten to push a tidal wave of body fluids out of every ofifice including my eye sockets like on other trips.
So it is our last day in Freetown and tonight I will get to take a hovercraft to the airport. The only other places one can take a hovercraft I’m told is across the English Channel and in Norway. Pretty cool.
Aside from me missing my connecting flights at the beginning of this trip the adventure has been good. I guess me losing my Obama button was not a bad sign after all. We saw a number of things and met a bunch of wonderful, wondeful people. Sierra Leone may not be a vacation destination for the majority of people but I found it to be an all right place- poverty, infectious diseases, maternal and infant mortality and malnutrition withholding. We have a ton of work ahead of us. Speaking of which…

1 comment:
Welcome Back, Lennette. Steven and I just caught up on your adventures. It sounds like wonderful work! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment