
Now that was an offially long flight. 15 hours and 10 min. to be exact. From Atlanta, we headed diagonnially towards Alaska parallel to the Inside Passage along the western coast of Canada, up and over the Aleutian Islands in the northern Pacific, following the curve of the Arctic over sheets of glistening ice. I endured three movies of sufficient banality that I can now recall nothing more than the passage of time. I read. I dozed fitfull. Now and then, I chatted with the Korean man next to me. It must have been about 12 hours in when I stopped feeling my butt altogether.
The Seoul airport is new and lovely. As I exited in the turbid throes of jet lag (I am still in the turbid throes - it is 4:30 am here on Sunday morning and 2:30 pm on Saturday afternoon back home and I just woke up) I had assumed that after travelling such a vast distance, I would have made it somewhere farther than the food court at Lenox mall, but nope. Good to know I can go visit Dunkin' Doughnuts later today before I get on the plane to Indonesia.
The Seoul airport is new and lovely. As I exited in the turbid throes of jet lag (I am still in the turbid throes - it is 4:30 am here on Sunday morning and 2:30 pm on Saturday afternoon back home and I just woke up) I had assumed that after travelling such a vast distance, I would have made it somewhere farther than the food court at Lenox mall, but nope. Good to know I can go visit Dunkin' Doughnuts later today before I get on the plane to Indonesia.

No comments:
Post a Comment